Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

New Responsibilities

This week has been pretty exciting! I have been looking for new hobbies and things to keep me busy while Brian is in school and busy studying. I don't want to spend a great deal of money just to stay busy so have been getting creative with what I have looked into. This Wednesday we had our annual HOA meeting, they were discussing new projects for our area as well as voting in new board members, so I decided it would be good to go. The meeting went great and then came time for the voting in of new board members. They needed to fill 5 spots and 3 people were re running. I decided to run and give a little speech, why not right?! Well I got a spot. The 3 that were re running got their spots again and I got one of the remaining 2! So excited, I still don't think I really know what I got into but I think it will be new and exciting, its a 3 year position so I hope I like it. Before the meeting I met with a local salon owner, she was looking to trade services. I would clean her salon once a week for an hour in exchange for services at her salon. It caught my interest so I took the meeting, seemed easy enough so gave her my contact info and yesterday I found out that of the people she met with she decided to go with me! I told you it was an exciting week :) Things are going my way and now I have a few things to fill my time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment