To prep I removed all the hardware and lightly sanded all the cabinets. I love this sanding block. It has come in handy for several projects.
I pulled out the drawers and emptied the contents. Then got to painting. I used a small foam roller so that there would not be any brush marks. I used Behr premium interior paint. The color was Espresso Bean.
After letting them dry and doing a second coat I replaced the hardware and cabinet doors and drawers and couldn't be happier with the results!

Okay you've just convinced me, I'm doing this to our house!!! :) what color did you use?? Looks fabulous, your getting a lot done without the hubby ;)
ReplyDeletejust added it to the post... thanks for pointing that out :) It was behr espresso bean. I think it may be the same color that we used before actually. Its a really rich brown but has some shine to it so its not too dark.
ReplyDeleteSo u just sanded on top of the door and original color and then painted? no primer or anything? 2 coats did the trick? How long ago did u do it and does it still look great?
ReplyDeleteI sanded the doors front and back as well as the vanity itself, basically any wood I was going to be painting was sanded. The paint had primer in it so I did not do a separate coat. 2 coats is all it needed, it covered well :) I did it a month or so ago and it looks exactly the same. I painted my cabinets the same way at our last house and they looked great for the 2+ years while we were there. Its a super easy project that makes the vanity look new! The most important part is to let the pieces dry well. I did all the work in the bathroom so made sure to not shower in there that day so that the steam from it would affect the drying process. This could totally be avoided if you painted them in another room but just something to note if you only have one bathroom or will be needing to use that one soon after the project.
ReplyDelete