Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bye Bye Pink Room

I finally got it crossed off my list the pink room is gone! While Brian is out of town I decided to cross a few things off my list. The first of which was the pink room, which is now a nice neutral brown :)

I love painting, its cheap and takes only a few hours but makes a huge difference to a room.

The first step is to empty the room! Yes I moved that mattress and box spring all by myself :)
Brian was a little shocked when I sent him the picture. Super human strength appears when your husband is not around to help ;)


Next remove all the outlet and switch covers. This way you don't have to worry about bumping them with your brush.  


I left the bed frame in the middle of the room and just worked around it. No reason to tear it down for a quick project like this.



The only supplies you need are a painting tray, liners, rollers, paint, and a brush. 



Next I like to paint around the outlets and the baseboards first. I leave the ceiling edging till last. ( I don't like bringing in a big ladder until its necessary) After that comes the rolling, then the final edging and touch ups and voila! You have a new room.









1 comment:

  1. YEA! Looks good :) was expecting you to paint it orange or something! Lol ;) if you get lonely let me know...we could hang out or you can join us for dinner or something. We're still going on the train ride on the 19th if Brian isn't back by then, join us :)

    ReplyDelete