Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cooking Marathon A success!

I started off the day yesterday at about 9 with a trip to the grocery store with my list in hand. After about an hour and a half I had all the things I needed and headed home. To prep for this I printed out labels, grocery list, and set out the things I already had from the list the night before. Once home I unloaded all the groceries. I set up a movie on my lap top so I wouldn't go crazy from the quiet in my house. We deleted a few of the meal ideas because of our pickyness and replaced them with other things. In the end I made the following yesterday:

Breakfast
  • Bacon Quiche
  • Strawberry Banana Muffins ( this one scared me but it turned out amazing)
  • Granola Bars ( yes home made granola bars... amazing)
Lunch
  • Pizza Muffins ( another scare but turned out surprisingly good)
  • Chicken Taquitos
Dinner
  • Garlic Dejon Chicken
  • Lemon Chicken
  • Beef Italian Skillet Meal
  • Mexi Burgers
  • Orange Apricot Pork Chops
  • Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Extras
  • Banana Bread
  • Chicken Pot Pie
  • Mini Pizzas
Final count 14 recipies tackled... I started the cooking at about noon and finished around 6:30 when Brian got home from work. I had so much fun cooking I actually forgot to eat yesterday ha ha so When Brian got home we snacked on a few of the new items and are the Italian Skillet Meal for dinner which was really good.



The meals we skipped were Chickapea Curry, which I would love to try but Brian doesn't like curry so skipped it this time, as well as the Salmon and Sweet Potato Cakes, don't like salmon much and don't like sweet potatoes so the combination didn't seem to work for us.

After all this cooking you can imagine the mess. I did 2 loads of dishes during the process as well as another when finished. I used just about every baking tool I have all those wedding gifts got their use out of them yesterday. Did a major clean down of the counters and appliances and by this point I was exhausted so decided I'll get to the floors later :) The end result is a wonderful smelling kitchen yesterday with lots of flavors, a freezer stocked with dinners that will last at least a few weeks, that are both healthy and taste good, and a very happy husband who is so excited to come home to try a new dinner everyday. I think I can keep this up in my one day off I cooked for weeks which will decrease so much stress and improve our eating habits in a very simple easy way. I made this my newest reason to Brian why I should be a stay at home mom! Good home cooking how can he say no:)

No comments:

Post a Comment