Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Registration... again!

So its that time of year again... time to register for summer semester. I met with a counselor a few weeks ago with my desired schedule and was determined not to leave till every hold and restriction was lifted so I could register for the classes she recommended I take this apparently is the way to do it because last night at midnight Brian was a sweetheart and stayed up to register for me and besides the system being overloaded I was able to get all the classes for the times I needed no problem. I suggested Brian see a counselor a few months ago and they worked out a great plan for graduation for him but there were some computer classes he had previously taken that they weren't going to transfer so he needed to test out.

To his dismay not testing out of these despite my nagging yes I admit it I was nagging was the reason he had issues registering for his classes this summer and in the end a class he really wanted to take was filled in 6 hours and before a counselor could fix it. So because of the glitch Brian decided it would be a good idea to talk with a counselor today and make sure he would be cleared for fall which we need to register for in just a couple of weeks. So I met up with him after his morning class to see the counselor. What a great idea that was so many of the classes that had been evaluated that did not count towards anything when we transferred  were cleared for him. We have been emailing, calling and now meet with the most amazing counselor ever and in 2 day he went from 68% complete towards his degree to over 80% with a few things still pending. So what does this mean? It means Brian has 4-5 classes to take in fall then 4 credits in Spring then he is done forever! well with his bachelors anyways :)

 I had some issues with my math transferring over and an equivalent class I had taken Brian got credit for so I brought this up at our meeting today and yay I get to skip 1 of the 3 math classes I had left. Its not exactly what I hoped for but its better than nothing and will defiantly decrease my homework load this summer. So with a few changes to both our schedules this summer we are now ready to prepare for fall registration which will be Brian's 2nd and last real semester here at UVU and we couldn't be more excited. Life is really progressing for us and it's nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel. With these changes it will allow Brian to take his GMAT in the next month or so rather than at the end of summer like we had expected so we're starting to study for that  hoping a great score will happen allowing some doors to open for grants and scholarships so we will see what ending this chapter of life and beginning another will bring. Life is just incredible right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment