I am officially 22! and for the next 6 months older than Brian once again lol he loves reminding me that I'm older. I have been giving Brian gift ideas probably since Christmas but like usual he forgets all the hints and suggestions the week of my birthday so I reminded him of a few and he made the perfect choice. He got me a Canon Rebel... he even went as far as to call his cousin Laura who does photography to make sure it was a good choice and buy
I just know my sister and aunt have a similar camera and their pictures turn out amazing. This version even does HD video which is a fun plus. Its very high tech and professional so I have a lot of learning to do but am very excited. I have a feeling I'm going to be second in line to use it to Brian before I could even get it out of the box he was playing around with it ha ha oh Brian always the techie. We took Friday and Saturday off. Brian took me to a local beauty school for a manicure and pedicure and over 2 hours later were done... longest mani/pedi ever. Then we went to our new insurance broker to sign paper work since my accident State Farm decided to drop us apparently more than 1 accident in a 3 year period means your gone yay us never had an accident till they insured me so maybe they were bad luck. So Brian found us a new broker and in the end we're saving money since my last accident don't understand how but not gonna ask or complain over a positive like that! We went out to lunch and hung out for the rest of the afternoon. I wanted to go Tucanos (a Brazilian BBQ) but when we arrived it was at least a 2 hour wait for just the 2 of us which is just nonsense. Driving around Provo we realized how crowded college towns get on a Friday night so we decided to head back to quiet Springville (sad we don't have any movie theaters but that's the price for a quiet town) wow we're a bunch of old people, so everything was too crowded so we returned home with some fast food and a redbox and stayed in for the night.
Saturday we went skiing in Brighton with our friend Mark. So much fun! It would have been a perfect day if not for the wind. On a scale from 1-10, 10 being Brian's skiing ability he decided I'm a 7! yay I don't totally suck. I don't know if it was Brian or Mark's decision or a collaboration of the 2 but someone decided that I was skiing well enough to go through the trees with them, yeah not so much I am just as nervous skiing as I am driving which is a lot. Skiing through the trees is kinda like jumping from one patch of space to the next and trying not to hit a tree ha ha ha and the snow is a lot softer and deeper so if you don't keep moving you sink... yea I sunk twice and once so bad I just took off my boots and crawled out and told the boys I just didn't feel quite ready for that kinda skiing. It was a lot of fun trying. Craziest thing I saw all day was 2 separate women wearing dresses over their ski pants I wanted to take a picture but not too many people take pictures on the slopes so didn't want to call attention to the fact I was shocked. I tried to google a picture to share but the look is so crazy google didn't even have a picture so you'll just have to imagine the crazy look.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment