Pages

Monday, November 9, 2015

New Changes

What a year it has been, we started it with welcoming Liam into our family. Can't believe that was already 8+ months ago! I had a few weeks off of work, then Brian stayed home with him till his internship started. I was then a single mamma during the week and we were soaking in our daddy time on the weekends. So far we've attended 6 weddings and I went on 12 flights (I don't even want to think how many Brian took, had to have been over 20 just this summer alone) and went on 3 road trips. Now that Brian is home and our travels are slowing down, we are getting into a new routine. I started reflecting on things. One thing that I kept thinking about was, I was not happy with my current job. Not as happy as I needed to be, to be willing to work and be away from my baby. So a few weeks ago, maybe 5 weeks ago, I decided to focus on changing this. Brian was such a huge help with the job searching. In his free time he would send me opportunities to look at. He knew I would have a hard time leaving my job after putting in so much in the almost 4 years I was there. I was then able to just vet those out and research to prepare for interviews. It didn't take long for a great opportunity to come along. I accepted an offer a couple weeks ago while we were on vacation in Hawaii. Already I feel so much better. I know that this new chapter will be a great change for our family. I am determined to be the best example I can be for Liam. I know he isn't all that aware of things now, but I know one day he will ask about things and will want to know why we made the choices we made. I want to be proud of the decisions we are making when I tell him about them. I want him to know his mom and dad worked as hard as they could for the family and that he was always at the center of why we made the decisions we made. My hope is this new job will make me feel valued at work again and in return make me a better mom at the end of the day. I want to be able to continue to keep our family out of debt while Brian finishes up school, but to be happy while doing it as well. Only a few more months left in this year and I am excited about the changes we are making and looking forward to a fresh new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment