Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Opportunity of a life time

This week has been busy for us. Monday night Brian got a call from his dad inviting him to go on a dive trip to the Cocos Islands in Costa Rica. Someone in the group dropped out so there was a spot needing to be filled. Brian would need to leave Thursday morning and this not being an everyday opportunity we went right to work making arrangements. Brian arranged to take 2 weeks off of work, we got his school work in order so he wouldn't get behind and made flight arrangements and packed. We got all this done between Monday night and Wednesday night just in time to drop him off at the airport bright and early Thursday morning. Brian has been so excited all this week it has been fun to watch him get ready to go. He loves scuba diving and it's something he hasn't been able to do in years. I really didn't know much about the trip till Wednesday night when we looked over the itinerary and made sure we had packed everything he would need. I'm glad I gave my blessing for him to go after I learned exactly where he was going...


Amazing! The cocos islands are going to get added to the 7 natural wonders of the world list!

another idea of where he is going
and a friend he may see while he's down there diving ha ha

There is even legend of a sunken treasure. He asked what I wanted him to bring back from the trip, well why not some treasure:) Some divers have actually found gold coins so there is a chance the rumors are true ha ha. So 14 days and counting till Brian returns.And having not missed a day talking to him since before we even started dating nearly 5 years ago, except one night when my phone died and I was without a charger, this is going to be a long 14 days. I love Brian so much but no way I was letting him miss out on such an amazing trip! Boats really need to offer cell service or internet so you don't have to go so long with out contact in these types of circumstances. Brian's taking lots of pictures so we won't have to go off generic pictures like those above to imagine where he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment