Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summer so far

It's been a little while since I have written. Things have been busy over here. Brian finished another semester, leaving just two more to go till graduation. He said he finally feels like he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 3 Years down, 1 to go! He has been spending the summer in Dallas to work for IBM. Same internship as last year so he is excited to hit the ground running since he already knows the routine. This year he will be living with a friend and his wife and is just a mile away from my sister. Love that he has so many close by to help him feel welcomed and loved while he is away.

Exploring the splash pad
Liam is growing like a weed. Maintaining his 97% in height. It won't be long till he is towering over me. That kid is nearly 3 feet tall already, yikes! Lucky kid will never know what it feels like to be the first one in the line or have to be in the front row ha ha #shortpeopleproblems

Apparently this is what the strap is really for
He is learning so much everyday and I just love being a part of it all. He LOVES the dogs. He gets most excited to see them greet him in the mornings. I just pretend all the squealing and excitement is over me ;) He loves to crawl out the dog door and sit on the top step with them as they watch people pass by. He walks runs everywhere we go. He is getting better at holding my hand (which I love) so its been easier to let him get around on his own.

Always wanting to do things himself, who needs mommy when you are almost 17 months old?!
With Brian away Liam and I have had loads of 1:1 time. We have gone to the farm, museum, watch kids shows and movies. Play endlessly in his room and with his toys. He prefers that he holds the book and that I no longer read to him ha ha MR. INDEPENDENT. Also with dad gone he is lacking in wrestling time so mom is now the fill in for this weather she likes it or not. He loves to sit on the arm rest of the couch and now when I look away for a second stands up and belly flops on to me with the biggest smile. Needless to say I try to never look away. He also likes to fall backwards onto me from the back of the couch. Basically he thinks he is the funniest thing ever and mom is ready for him and dad to get back to their games so she can tap out.

Singing in the car! 
He is getting much more affectionate. Still won't give me kisses every time I ask but if I sneak them in he thinks its so funny. If I am eating it then he is eating it. Sometimes  usually he eats more of it than me. He has discovered his belly button and despite my efforts just looks at me like I'm an alien when I name any other body part. But when you say "where's your belly button" he always looks around like its run off then lifts up his shirt with a look of relief when he realizes it's still there.

Heading home from the pool, kid was worn out
My favorite time of the day is when I pick him up from daycare. As soon as he makes eye contact with me he runs as fast as he can despite any toys or kids in his path with arms outstretched and only has eyes for me. Its dreamy.
Mom always picks out the smallest pony so of course dad picked out a full size horse
He loves when we pick up dad every few weeks from the airport for a short weekend visit. He looks at him like he is a movie star, all star struck. Its the cutest thing.
First parade! It was a mix of trying to climb on the floats and trying to
 join the bands lol, needless to say he LOVED it
I was super nervous about being pregnant while Brian was gone. First trimester with Liam was really rough and I expected the same this time. But heavenly father was kind to me and didn't give me more than I could handle. Some days I felt I was at my max and that he was pushing me past my limit but we always made it through. I am learning that I am capable of much more than I would have given myself credit for and that he has a plan that is greater than any I would make for myself. We are nearing 15 weeks in this pregnancy and are just days away from learning what this baby is. I can hardly wait. Brian will be joining via facetime. So glad he was willing to do that and not make me wait a day longer than I had to to find out if baby is a boy or a girl. My tummy is starting to show and Liam loves to softly rub it. We are in baby training mode and are practicing kisses and being soft. My only worry is the blanket bandit aka Liam is going to be jealous of the blankets baby has and will try to steal them away lol.
Again who needs mom when you can push over a chair, scale the counter,
and walk all the way across the kitchen counter to get anything you want :/

Lately I feel that everything is a count down:
4 more weeks till Brian is home to stay in Utah
5 till we go to Hawaii for some couple time and Liam gets to be spoiled by his grandparents
6 weeks till Brian starts his last year of grad school
22 weeks till maternity leave starts and I get to spend every moment with my boys :)
25 weeks till Baby Morgan #2 joins us
and just 41 weeks till Brian is done with school!!
His new favorite is playing the piano, surprisingly he is very soft with it 
2017 has so many exciting things in store for us and I am looking forward to them all but am trying to remind myself to be present because we still have so much time left in 2016 and there are so many exciting things that this year still holds for us.
Ready for church and of course we have to touch the lights before we go cause they're just so cool


No comments:

Post a Comment