I have tried not to let having a baby slow us down but some days that is easier than others. Having back to back weekends away was a little rough especially with Brian no longer at home to help. I had to still work, unpack, clean, repack, run errands, take care of baby, hire a new sitter (only to have her cancel after 2 days), find a new daycare, tour day cares and somehow all this got done in 3.5 days. It was busy to say the least. But so worth it. We have a daycare I am excited about, with it will come consistency and no more babysitters cancelling! Had I known that people would be so flakey I would have looked into daycares a long time ago. This weekend was SO fun! Trevor got back from his mission in Rome so he got to meet Liam for the first time! I think its fair to say they are both smitten with eachother.

We also were able to bless Liam, what a special moment that was. We did this at my parents house and had so many family members and friends in attendance. We had brunch following the blessing. I love to throw parties so I had been looking forward to this for months. We had breakfast casserole, fruit, muffins and per Brian's request Belgian liege waffles, it was all so yummy.
After brunch I spent some time with my mom and sister getting mani/ pedis. This is seriously my favorite thing to do when I visit home.
After that I went to my in-laws for lunch/ dinner and family time. It was fun catching up with everyone.
 |
| Liam was happy to chill by the pool, next visit we will get in |
 |
| Liam and Daddy playing, he loves to stand these days, better view I suppose |
 |
| he is trying to help with his bottle lately, sometimes its with the feet and sometimes he just holds it, the blanket here helped it from going to far when he decides he is over holding it. I chase that thing all over but he literally pushes my hand away sometimes. So independent lol |
When we got back to my parents for the night we had more play time with Liam and then crashed. Sunday was Trevors homecoming talk. Dillan played the piano as well. It was a fun service.
 |
| Liam slept through the service so I got some Emmy time |
 |
| Sleepy time with Dad |
We then went back to their house for lunch and more visiting. Then off to the airport for me and Liam. I must have looked like quite the attraction, roller suitcase with diaper bag on top in one hand, baby on me in front pack and carseat in a giant red bag loaded with blankets and such swung over my shoulder like santa clause ha ha but we made it and honestly I felt pretty confident doing the trip alone this second time around. Liam and I are quickly becoming pros. We got through security, both took naps while we waited for our plane. We got settled in our seats and Liam went right back to sleep. It was wonderful. I even got a short nap in. Liam then continued to sleep while we took the shuttle to the car, the ride home and till after midnight that night. (our flight left around 6) Him sleeping made things easier for me. I was able to unpack and get settled before beginning another week.
 |
| He is making the funniest faces these days, they are just hard to catch on camera |
With the sitter situation we had a week between her and the new daycare so I got to work from home with him a few days. My mother and sister in law are going to help out the last few days this week! I loved my time with him. I was on a conference call ( I mostly just had to listen in) I was rubbing his belly while he rolled from back to side. I turned for a moment and BAM he rolled to his belly. He looked like superman laying there with him arms out in front of him. What a tease! He totally waited for me to look away ;) and of course has not had a repeat of that moment since. So now I just anxiously wait for him to decide to do it again. Hopefully he will show off for me next time.
 |
| He's been rolling to his side for weeks and has started rolling to his side when I put him in his crib for bed |
 |
| I thought he moved before but now its like baby Olympics at home |
He is growing up way too fast. He prefers sitting up in my lap or on me hip these days rather than in my arms. He is happiest when he can see all around him. We had a lot of fun these last few weeks just the two of us. Some moments are hard and I wish I could sub out for a brief moment but every night when we go to bed and I think of our days I am reminded of how blessed we are and how amazing things are and that this time will be a memory we have forever. I may be more tired these days and things may be done slower because Liam is in my arms while I make myself dinner or do laundry but we have each other and life is so incredibly exciting right now.
 |
| Liam and me doing emails, he is a great helper. He just sits and nods his head in agreement to everything I say ;) |
 |
| This tall boy is now in 6 month pjs and 0-3 month pants. That's what happens when you have no belly to hold up your pants but your legs are too long for everything. Thank goodness for non footy jammies, these should last a little longer. |
Brian finishes up training today and will be back home with us for the weekend tomorrow, and I am so looking forward to that time together. Almost done with week 2, just 10 more to go. We got this!
No comments:
Post a Comment