Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Visit to see Auntie Mo Mo and the puppies

We decided to go to visit my sister Morgan this weekend in Grand Junction. Brian was driving up to Denver to begin his summer internship so we decided to split up the drive and go half way together and play for the weekend. We drove two cars so it was Liam's first roadtrip and my first time driving alone with a baby. The way there was great. We planned it to occur during his nap time so we fed and changed him and then hit the road when he started looking tired. He fell asleep by the time we got to the freeway and woke up as we got off the freeway in Colorado. Could not have planned it better.

Seven and Liam playing on the mat

Liam before we left, he was my little train conductor tooting his horn, "all aboard"

Liam and Tessa, they were best of friends

We ate lots of good food, walked downtown, played monopoly, watched lots of movies, went for a drive and went on a hike. Morgan just got 2 new dogs so we had tons of fun playing with them. Her bull dog Tessa was obsessed with Liam and pretty much if Liam was anywhere near so was Tessa. It was a lot of fun. We played outside with them and got lots of snuggles in.

Hiking to the Waterfalls


The waterfalls were so remote, mostly driving to get to them, followed by a short walk, perfect for the first hike with a baby



I left Monday, I tried to plan it around nap time again. But Liam went to bed early the night before and woke earlier than usual in the morning so his naps were off. His morning nap was extra long and later than usual so I knew that the drive home likely would not be a repeat of the drive there. I left once he seemed sleepy and we made it almost home before he woke up. We were less than 50 miles from home when we went from 75 MPH to less than 5. It was awful. Liam is funny in the car. As long as you are moving he is happy. But when we get to a red light, stop sign or stop moving, he gets squirmy.

Liam is loving texture, his new thing is to play with his hair while he is eating. Its so cute!
Liam is looking so big these days
Liam, Iggy and Auntie Mo Mo

So of course with the traffic he got restless. There were no places to pull over so when I found a driveway on the side of the road I went for it. It was not overly welcoming (do not trespass signs, this property is under surveillance, and some intimidating German shepherds staring me down), but we had no where else to go so I parked, climbed to the backseat and fed him and changed him and then we got back on the road. It took over an hour to go 10 miles :( He was fussy most of the time. I pulled over once more to see if he was still hungry but he just wanted company. I tried talking and singing to him but he just wanted to see me. So I just had to deal with the fussiness and keep going. The weirdest thing happened we went from 2 lanes down to 1, and the traffic ended. Doesn't make any sense but I was happy. Once we got moving again Liam quieted down and we made it home. Later than I had hoped but safe and sound so can't complain too much. We unpacked chased the dogs around, started laundry and played. He finally went down for the night around 10:30 and I finished up a few things and got to bed around 11 pm.

Liam and the puppies
Tessa keeping and eye on Liam, love her little teeth and tongue peeking through

I was hopeful he would sleep in since he went to bed later than usual but no such luck. He was up at 5:15! I brought him to bed with me hoping he would let me sleep a little longer but by 5:45 I knew our day had already started so I got up and got us ready.

Brian was in puppy heaven, he constantly was trying to talk me into bringing seven home with me
Even Freddie wanted in on the snuggles, no need for a boppy with all these willing puppy pillows
Liam and tessa taking a nap, well Tessa is at least taking a nap

With Brian gone, Liam went to a new sitter today. He fell asleep just before I dropped him off and in the time that I went to the car to get the rest of his things he had already woken up and was laughing at himself. He is such a happy baby. He is sitting up more so we can hold him on our hip now and prop him on the couch without his falling over. It is fun for him to see everything and is just a fun new chapter for me.

So day 1 of being a single working mom and I am already tired. Hopefully he is just off his schedule from us traveling and will bounce back for me. Bad news is we are going out of town again so he might bounce back just to get thrown off that schedule again. But as long as he stays happy and smiley I guess I can live with a little less sleep.

He is all smiles these days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment