Friday Brian was back in town. He opted for a voucher and a later flight so I went to my company party with Liam. It was at boondocks and usually I give Brian my tokens to play the games and just watch but with him not there I played with some friends. It is still a mystery to me how I got over 300+ tickets from the games because I didn't understand any of them but some lucky kid benefited from them all since I gave them away, not needing any of the prizes myself. Liam was in a generally good mood so being solo at the party was not bad. We had lunch and then went to do some shopping closer to the airport so that we could be close when Daddy arrived. I found some fun things for Christmas (yes I start planning for that early, so I can avoid the lines). It is fun that I can shop for Liam with him there since he is completely unaware of what I am getting. I know those days are numbered.
Brian's plane arrived so we picked him up. It was so nice having him home again. Even though we saw him last weekend it wasn't at home and that makes a difference. We talked a lot! With the time difference and both our busy schedules we really didn't get to talk much during the week. We met up with his side of the family for dinner.
| Dad was a trooper and held Liam through the first few houses then we went home for the carrier which was a perfect plan cause Liam just napped through the day in there |
Saturday we planned on doing a neighborhood yard sale but no one was participating on our street so we opted for yard work and errands. We were done before noon and picked up our tickets for the utah valley parade of homes. I have wanted to go for several years now so wasn't going to let another year pass us by. Brian was a little hesitant about it thinking it was girly I am sure but he quickly got into it and we had a fun day fitting in 8 or 9 houses. Liam was a trooper and napped great and did well in the carrier. We fed him in the homes or car and kept a good pace for the day.
Touring the houses triggered lots of conversations about the future home we want. Both physically as well as the environment we want to have for our kids. Its fun to dream together. We finished off the day with dinner with family again and goodbyes since they would be returning to California in the morning.
| Isn't this the cutest little playroom |
Sunday we did laundry, ironing and cleaning in preparation for Brian to return to Denver. The weekend flew by and I can hardly wait for Brian's next visit home. It was fun hearing him notice all the new things Liam is doing. The California weekend was so busy and filled with so many people it was like he hadn't seen him in 2 weeks. He is now rolling on his sides constantly. Sitting up when you lay him on your lap and babbling constantly. The week began with teething symptoms. Liam was very uncomfortable and not sleeping well. After getting some homeopathic pills he is much happier. I stopped giving them to him Saturday and he is back to normal once again. He is sleeping great again (11 hours last night) and able to eat more in each sitting once again. It is so nice to see him happy again. I was missing those constant smiles and giggles.
Next week we go in for his 4 month check up and I am excited to see how big he is now. He has advanced to 6 month pjs. He is still in 0-3 pants/ shorts and 3-6 month onesies. He is so tall and skinny he just is all over the spectrum in what fits.

No comments:
Post a Comment