Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

3 months old

Liam is 3 months old! Time is flying.... and everyday just gets better and better with this little guy.



Here are some updates on what he likes and the personality that he's already showing off:

-He loves his play mat, he is grabbing at the toys and can stay self entertained for quite some time on it

-He is smiling all the time, we get some laughs but they are random so we haven't been able to capture one on camera yet



-He loves to snuggle

-Loves kisses, when Brian or I kiss him he gets the biggest smile



-He wakes up very happy in the morning. This is my favorite time of the day. I try to get up before him so that I can get myself ready and just play before I have to go to work.

-He is sleeping well usually 8-9 hours straight at night (I know this is not normal and I am not taking it for granted, but still hoping and praying all my babies are like this)





-His longest nap is in the morning, he wakes up, eats, plays and then takes a long nap

-He is growing like a weed, we are regularly going through his clothes.



-He knows when Mom or Dad are around. I come into the room and talk to Brian and his face lights up with the biggest smile, it is such a fun thing to see. If we leave the room he cries till we come back, he likes to be part of the party. California was a dream come true for him, there was always someone around to keep him company.

-He loves to stand on my lap and jump. He has very strong legs. They are still so skinny and I think its because of all his moving. (it sure isn't for lack of eating, this boy eats constantly)



-He loves the dogs. They sneak over to kiss him and he just gets the biggest smile. He tries to pet them sometimes, I think he likes the texture. So far they don't mind when he tugs on their hair.



-He is starting to grab things, my hair is his favorite. Luckily he is not too rough with it yet... but I am sure its just a matter of time.

-He likes to stick his fist in his mouth.



-His eyes are still a mixture of colors

-He has been sleeping in his room since 3 or 4 weeks old and even though we have a video monitor and I look over at it through the night he still mysteriously moves all over that thing by the time he wakes up. Its fun to see what positions he's gotten himself into. So far this is just a bedtime thing, he is pretty mellow with his movements during the day, unless he is on his mat. Brian left the room for a minute and returned to him under a nearby tv stand. We are still not sure how he managed that. Maybe one day soon he will show off for us while we are watching.

-He loves baths, he just lays there calm or splashes like crazy but either way he is happy in the tub and sad to come out. Lucky for him his aunt NeNe loves giving baths. Both Liam and the Dogs have benefited from this :)


-This month Brian gets to be home with him full time during the days, nothing makes me happier than to see these two together. Brian is surprising me with how natural taking care of a baby is for him. He is quickly coming to respect the role mothers have especially stay at home moms. He no longer thinks its a vacation ;) And is thrilled with the idea of going to work. He is realizing that some days you just hold the baby and get nothing else done. I still think he will miss all the fun times he is having with him but I do understand that caring for a baby can be quite overwhelming at times. 





No comments:

Post a Comment