As I have said before this is a busy year for us, and by busy I mean I pretty much have something on the calendar for every week this year ha ha I don't know if I should be excited or scared. Brian is entering Finals (already), hard to believe we are already wrapping up year 2 of grad school. He likes to point out that if he was only doing an MBA he would be graduating lol well bud you decided to do 4 years of school not 2. So as we near the end of April we are approaching our first trip with a baby. I have been scouring the internet to learn all that I can on what I need to pack and which bag each item should be in. I am hoping that I can learn from others and skip the lessons they have had to learn the hard way. Many bloggers and friends said to get diapers at the destination and not worry about packing them. So I decided to order diapers and wipes from amazon and have them delivered to my mom, thought that was an even better plan so I don't have to worry about going to the store once I get there.
When we were registering for the baby I found out that there are cases for your strollers so we put one on our registry and got it. I like the idea of using my own stroller. I picked it out for specific reasons and have loved using it so glad I can bring it with me but still protect it. A friend told me about bags for car seats ( they make such cool things) so bought one of those so that we can protect the car seat at least from germs and superficial damage.
I have not used a packing list in some time. I just pack for me so I know what I need but with a baby there are so many things that he NEEDS and I don't want to forget anything. There are things that I must have to get through the flight but worst case if I do forget something there is a walmart literally walking distance from my mom so we can always buy anything I forget.
Clearly I had to get my obsessive planning from someone and I think in my case I got it from both my parents. For this trip my Mom has already gotten a pack and play for me as well as the super swing we have at home. Liam loves that thing so it will be nice to have one for our visit so he feels at home. I will also be working remotely for the week I am in California so she has checked to make sure that I will have Wifi at the grandmas. Then for our visit at the end of May before I could even ask my Dad he was reaching out about things he could do. Ha ha glad that I am not the only crazy planner.
So far we have 3 flights and 1-2 road trips planned (that is if one of those doesn't turn into a flight as well). Plus my work finally decided just to cash me out on the vacation I won last year so now need to figure out where we want to go with that... maybe Brian and Liam will get to go on their first Cruise together!
I'll do another post on my packing strategy in case you other mamas want to see how we do this, I am hoping by the end of this year I will be a traveling with a child pro.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment