This last weekend Brian and I got to spend what will likely be our last
weekend away just the 2 of us at the Stein Erickson in Park City. I have
been there before, my work hosts a summit for our clients and we have
had it at the Stein the last 2 years. Earlier this year I won a
competition for work and the prize was a night at the Stein, or so I
thought. It turned out they paid for 2 nights! A wonderful surprise
indeed. I didn't tell Brian too much about the place, I wanted him to be
surprised. I had been told they were upgrading us to a suite but was
unsure if it was the room I was thinking it would be.. but it was! We
had at least 1000 sq ft for just the 2 of us. The stein is one of two 5
start hotels in Utah (or so I am told). It is incredible. From the
moment you pull into the valet the service is unmatched. They insisted
on carrying in our bags and we had a host take our bags and us to our
room. He then took us on a tour, yes a tour of the room. He showed us
how to work the fireplaces, yes there were 2 as well as the jacuzzi on
the balcony. Once he left I had to giggle a little, the whole thing was
unreal.
 |
| This is the entrance and dining room |
 |
| The kitchen |
 |
| Another sitting area, it had a great view and led to the balcony |
Apparently I didn't take any pics of the bedroom or our on suite but trust me they were even more impressive. We decided our next house we need a fireplace in our room. It made it so warm. The service during our stay continued to impress. We had turn down service each night where they laid out robes and slippers for us. They also left out a tray with tea and chocolates. And to finish it off they would draw the drapes and turn on calm music. The whole experience was amazing and impressed us at every turn. One night we went down to main street for dinner and the shuttle picked us up. We were expecting a bus or van but again we were surprised when an Escalade picked us up. So now all Brian can talk about is how he wants one and how its the perfect mom car lol.
Here is a peak at the view we woke up to after out first night! Somehow the snow bothers me far less when I am in a cabin setting. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment