Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Half Way

I can not believe we are already at week 20! I feel like this whole process just started, but before you know it we'll have a baby in our house. The bump is officially here. Working with a bunch of guys I get the honest truth... ALWAYS. I was walking to someones desk and someone I saw just last week stopped and literally had his jaw drop and said "where did that belly come from". Ha Ha it was pretty funny. Saturday Brian and I went shopping for fabric for the nursery (you know that boy wants a break from studying when he will join for fabric shopping), the lady cutting the fabric asked how we could possibly be sure we were having a boy, when I told her I was 19.5 weeks I got the same jaw drop, I was wearing a sweater which apparently camouflaged the belly. I am thinking those days are about to end. The day the boy at worked noticed my belly I was wearing a fitted dress, no way to hide the belly wearing that. I still feel more comfortable in loose clothes as I think the belly is still in the awkward early stages but am looking forward to wearing fitted clothes again and looking cute. I laugh every time I walk by the mirror now, this belly thing is just funny to me.

I have had a nagging cold for a few weeks, and am realizing that when pregnant your options to get better are limited. I bought a humidifier and drank lots of honey-lemon tea and finally am feeling better. Just another week and we get to have another peak at the little man again. My sister Courtney will be in town so I invited her to come along and watch the show. This will be a more detailed ultrasound than previously so it should be a lot of fun. Then after that appointment I get to fly to California for work. I decided to leave for the trip a few days early so that I could spend some time with my family. We have big plans to start, and hopefully complete several projects for baby boy. My mom made everything for our nurseries so she is going to pass on her knowledge to me. I also am fortunate enough to have a grandma, dad and brother that are all incredibly talented at sewing as well so I think it will be one big party next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment