Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Very Full Weekend

I am pretty sure I over worked Brian this weekend but he never complained, surprisingly. Every Fall I panic about things that need to get done. Like spring cleaning but a thousand times worst. I know Brian is busy with school so have just been trying to get to things as I can but being nearly 7 months pregnant has slowed me down and though I hate to admit it is keeping me from being able to do some things. Brian was sweet and let me begin the day by sleeping in, he took crazy Zoe, who likes to wake up just like him at the exact same time everyday, downstairs. So Abby and me got to start our day a little later which was a wonderful way to start such a busy day. We then had breakfast and got right to work. Brian hates when I just get up and start working so the fact that I have to eat right when I get up allowed us to visit for a bit before beginning the day, which was actually really nice, might have to do that more often. Brian knew I was stressing about all the things I felt needed to be done, apparently my OCD vibe was that strong, ha ha I was trying hard not to make it obvious because I know he has school work to worry about and that is way more important that hanging pictures ;)

We then began our chores by hanging Christmas lights... what a pain that was. We bought gutter clips only to realize that we don't have gutters lining the full house so we did what we could and kept it simple. While Brian worked on that I sealed and assembled a new patio set we had recently purchased. Since we moved into this house 1.5 years ago I always thought the front porch looked empty so with the addition of this furniture it really warms it up and makes it look welcoming. While Brian did more to the lights I went in and out of the house to get laundry done. Once the lights were done I did some light yard work so that things look nice when the snow comes. I hate when we wait to long to do the last minute yard work and then all winter as the snow melts those areas re appear over and over again just to mock me so got those things taken care of early. Brian also sanded and re-stained most of our back patio. We ran out of stain so we will likely have to finish that project up in the spring since our free weekends are limited and the rain and snow are already here. We also refinished some hardware for the baby's dresser and an armoir we refinished a few months back. We hung new lights in our dining room and finished reupholstering the glider for baby's room. We did a bunch of returns and finished assembling the new bedroom furniture we got for our room. I patched a bunch of holes that have been bugging me and just need to do the painting of those but decided to wait since we had a dresser we needed to move downstairs and that thing is a beast do I didn't want to have to pull out the paint supplies after Brian moved that in case there was another bump in the wall that needed touching up.

It was such a busy weekend, we literally went room to room tackling anything that needed to be done. I even got my normal cleaning done as well as wrapped a bunch of Christmas presents. I started a few Christmas crafts and just have a few things to finish on those. All in all we got everything I needed and wanted done and slept very well from all the hard work. The only thing left on my list is to refill the freezer. Its been awhile since I did a bunch of bulk cooking so I need to restock. I already compiled a list of recipes and made a shopping list but we are going away this weekend and I am traveling for work till Thursday so did not want to buy a bunch of food and not have time to make any of it. I am learning that I should not buy things till I am ready to work on it. I always buy things for projects and even though I don't plan on doing them for awhile want to have them on hand so that when I am ready I don't have to go to the store. But by buying it I then set myself up for feeling like it needs to be done asap and that its a bigger priority than it is. So working on holding off until I actually have time. We bought the crib for baby's room so that should be arriving by next week which will be so wonderful. That will be that last major thing we need for his room. Then we can just put up decorations and set up all the bedding I made in California last month. I know we still have 3 months till baby gets here but we only have weekends to get things done and with the holidays, our anniversary, finals, a friends wedding and a baby shower those weekends are limited so I want to get what we can out of the way whenever we have a free day so that we can just relax at the end and not feel rushed to do too much at the end. Luckily Brian is use to my craziness and I think some of it has rubbed off on him so he is very understanding of me wanting to get things in order. Once our little one arrives I want to take a break from projects and just enjoy him and right now I am feeling like I can just relax in our house and do just that with out looking around and thinking of all the things I "need" to do.

This weekend is our getaway to the Stein in Park City, we decided just to make it count as our anniversary trip since its so close anyways. I am so excited to just relax and do nothing. It is always so nice to get away from home and to not have to worry about chores or whats for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment