We thought when we finished school that life would calm down. We couldn't have been further from the truth, things just keep happening at a quicker pace then before at times. Brian has been busy studying for the LSAT and GMAT the last month and a half which meant lots of me time. I organized lots, and got crafts done that I had been putting off. I have been feeling very productive :) When I get stressed I usually handle it best by distracting myself and keeping busy and with these test affecting so much of our future we have been more then stressed. But now we can relax, I think the following picture expresses how we both felt when the LSAT scores finally were released.
Since then we have been contacted by several school, most of them I have never even heard of. So I started keeping a list of the top 100 law schools and trashing anything not on that list, and only forwarding things to Brian that make the top 50. We are really hoping for BYU but realize that we need to consider others as well. I would just love the low tuition, high placement and not having to move or change jobs. Several schools are waiving their applications fees for us so which makes it much more affordable to apply to multiple schools. I am not surprised Brian did so well on the LSAT, for someone who never studies and really doesn't like it much, he was locking himself in the office for hours no problem. He thought the Logic Games (the hardest section of the test) was FUN!? The GMAT on the other hand was much harder to get him to study for. It has a Math section unlike the LSAT and he has not taken math in maybe 7 years so that was not fun to relearn all of that. So now we get to apply and wait (hopefully not for too long) and see what will happen and where our life will take us next fall.
Brian has been talking me into taking a scuba class for quite some time now but the classes never worked with my school schedule. So finally with that over with and a great deal at the dive shop down the street I decided it was time and signed up for the class. It has been so much fun. They are a small ma and pop shop so they are flexible about things and invited Brian to join the diving part of the class. What a blessing that has been. Its been so nice to be able to ask him my dumb questions. The first night took some getting use to but night too I was prepared knew what to expect so things went much smoother and I was much more comfortable. Because it is such a small class we are getting things done quick and will be done in 2 weeks rather than 3. So next week we go to "The Crater" near Heber. The water is always warm and the water clear so I am thinking this is the perfect place to learn.
We are going to Hawaii in February so we are trying to plan a dive while we are out there. I am so excited to finally have time to go on vacation. We decided to enjoy it while we can because soon enough Law School will begin and our life will be dictated by school again. But oh how nice it will be to be done with school in a few years for real and then be able to have a stable routine life.
Friday, November 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment