Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Picture Blast


Cleaned up the pictures on my phone today and found a few worth posting/ commenting on...



Abby has turned into a guard dog, she gets pretty protective with certain people. With the nicer weather I have been keeping windows and doors open to get fresh air into the house. This is her perch in the guest room. She can see out the master window from our bed too but chooses this location instead because there is much more action on the street then in our backyard. She sat here like this for hours while Brian studied in the room next door and I got some house work done. When someone she wanted to play with walked by she would run to the front door and bark, her way of letting me know she wanted out. Ha ha I love how much personality she has. It keeps things exciting.



This was in Vegas, they are solid wood but I just love the Dice foot stools. I told Brian he should make me a pair ;)

I love scrabble, and even better I love speed scrabble thanks to Grandma Watkins. This table is just so cute with all the scrabble pieces. I want to recreate this for our home.

Of course Brian is making a stupid face because he didn't want to take the picture.

He had a slightly better attitude for this redo.

This is my new carpool buddy. While Brian has been locked in the office studying we have found lots of errands to do together that include drive-thru. Like the bank, or the pharmacy. She doesn't care too much for when I sing to the radio though, I think its because she is jealous that she can't sing along too.

Abby likes to stick her head in the couch cushion, why? I have no idea. So Brian decided to find out what all the hype was about. I call this playing "Ostrich". Its a daily routine. Typically following her re hiding all of her rawhide bones, one day I watched her bury one in the yard. Had i not seen it out of the corner of my eye I never would have known. She was a good girl and buried it in the dirt not the grass. and covered it so you never knew that the area had been disturbed. I was very impressed and when Brian got home from work I went to show him and it was not there any more?! She is so funny about re hiding them, its like she thinks we are going to steal them even though we are the ones that give them to her.

And these beauties are my first ever caramel apples made by just me (no helpers) I also made the caramel from scratch. Last time Sarah and I tried this we didn't have a candy thermometer so it never got hard, it was just caramel syrup which was nice on our ice cream but never turned into the candy we were planning. Well this time I got smart and looked to you tube for a work around. It turned out perfect! "Soft ball stage"- I have mastered you! No need for a candy thermometer. I made them for a work event. Working with male majority I think they will be very impressed and will probably eat them before they notice the work that went into them ;)

1 comment:

  1. Haha I totally forgot about that! It was good on ice cream, but these look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete