Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Scuba Adventure

Brian has been Scuba Diving since he was 12 or so. Last year he went on a 2 week live aboard to Costa Rica. When he got back I was more sold on the idea of getting certified then ever before. But with school and schedules it was hard to make time to take a class. Well 2 weeks ago we drove by a local scuba shop and noticed a great deal. There was no reason to pass it by, so within a short amount of time Brian had made some calls and got me signed up. The class is 4 students (me included) which is half the size it usually is, so we have been able to get through things very quickly. Instead of 3 weeks we will be done in 2. Last night I took the written test and passed so just a dive at the crater tonight and Thursday and then they will mail me my card! The scuba shop is a small ma and pa type store so they have been very kind and flexible and have allowed Brian to join the pool and crater sessions. This has made it much more comfortable for me, I have my own personal instructor assistant to ask any of my silly questions to. We are going to Hawaii in February and Brian is so excited that I have finally gotten certified that he is already planning a dive or 2 while we are out there. I think it will be really exciting to finally be able to share in this activity that Brian has such a love and passion for. I think its a good couples activity for us.

So now I have learned to Ski and Dive, I wonder what the next thing Brian will convince me to undertake will be. 

This was the first night, I had some trouble starting out!So Brian was my buddy and once we got my gear all fitted and changed out my regulator we were in business and it was a lot more fun.Being comfortable really makes a difference.
Underwater Pictures are funny, you feel like smiling but then no one will see anyways with the regulator so you express more through your eyes but you can't really see those real well in the pictures so what do you do...

Dance! well at least that is what Brian does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment