Monday, September 17, 2012
The Journey Begins
Somehow this was saved as a draft... so its from August just before we went on vacation oops!
I officially finished my last college class last week! YIPPPEEEEE very exciting. I am excited to go to work each day knowing I get to go home and do whatever I want and have no school to go to and no HOMEWORK! Brian and I have always been in school while we've known each other so this is a new phase of life for us.
Because of school and work both being full time since we were 16 we have not been on too many trips in the past several years. We have had a couple quick weekend trips home or to Vegas and then Brian had his Costa Rica trip but besides that we have been busy busy. So we leave tonight for Salt Lake after we do some last minute packing and drop Abby off. We will stay with Grandma J and then Drive to Reno/ Sparks tomorrow.
We have now had Abby for 6 months and have lived in Utah for 2 years this week exactly. These 2 years have gone by so fast and we have made so many new friends since we moved here. We absolutely love our ward and are loving the new callings. I never thought I would grow to love where we live so much, but when the time comes it will be hard to leave.We are sad to be leaving Abby for 8 days but she will be staying at a friends and they have a puppy and a 1 year old to keep her entertained so she will be having fun of her own while we are away.
She is so funny she sleeps under our bed at night then sneaks out and rests only her head on her pillow like a human would and then about an hour before we wake up (sometimes more) she sneaks under the covers between Brian and I till we wake up. Its a daily routine for her and we love it! She use to sit next to the bed and just stare till I woke up-- I remember doing this to my parents and startling my mom every time-- so I'll take the sneaking under the covers any time, you feel better when you wake up not feeling like you are being watched. Since I was little I have wanted my puppy to sleep with me and she has fulfilled that life long dream for me.
So back to the trip, so we get to Reno/Sparks tomorrow then Folsom on Sunday where we will indulge ourselves with the best Pizza in the world (according to Grandma J) and some exploring, and then Monday we will arrive in Shasta and board the houseboat with all the family meeting us there. We are so excited. I have not been on an actual vacation for more than a few days in 5+ years. Actually it was a trip with a friend when we graduated High School. And now I just graduated college so I guess I only go on vacation when I graduate. I think I am going to take more advantage of vacation time from now on seeing as their is no more graduations in my near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment