Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

2 years and happier then ever

So tomorrow December 19th is our 2nd anniversary! and just like 2 years ago no time to take time off from life. I work 8-5 and Brian works 1 till like 10 at night so we decided the actual date didn't matter, so we decided to have a date night Friday which we never get to do because we either get off work too late or have home work to do. It was so nice to be able to order pizza and go to a movie, but not just any movie we saw Sherlock Holmes 2 :) we saw the first one during our honeymoon so as we left I teased Brian that since the movie ended with the ability for another sequel maybe they'll wait two years again to release it and we can make it a tradition on even years to see the latest Sherlock movie. Saturday we started the day super early to get massages. There was lots of drama and we ended up getting the massages for free, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Then we went to breakfast for my new favorite Einstein's Bagels, love their cinnamon sugar bagels. Then we hung out and ran errands, picked up Trevor to take him to the airport then off for our weekend retreat. I thought it would be fun to stay at a hotel for the night, when I am home I always get distracted with everything that needs to get done from cooking to cleaning to laundry and I wanted a distraction/stress free weekend. I decided if we're going to a hotel I want to go to a fancier one. The outside was pretty modest but the inside matched the pictures online. There was so much going on with the holidays that we had a bit of a line and crowds to deal with but when we got to our room this is what we saw...

I felt like we were in an English castle

Blackout curtains are amazing I want Hotel ones for my room

Our little sitting area, so precious

part 1 of the bathroom it was a vanity space a total dream for any girl

Our "bigger than home" tub I love baths

Part 2 bathroom another vanity space

There were even matching robes! what a dream

We went to the Leonardo a new museum in downtown Salt Lake. Then Dinner and shopping. Super fun night, it was nice to get away if even for a night just an hour from home. I started a new job this week which I absolutely love! Just a little less then 4 months and we are done with school and hopefully these weekends and date nights can happen more often!

They had a map you could zoom in on while stepping on the screen Brian loved it

Couldn't find the Natali's house but we found Milan yay! And Brian took me on a tour of the Vatican and Colosseum, not quite the same as being there but I'll take it for now 

They had a green screen, the background kept changing Brian had lots of fun with it 

Free Parking Downtown. Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment