Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

10 months old!

10 months old! This kid keeps us so busy and makes us laugh everyday. I picked him up from daycare one day and he had the most disappointed face when he saw me, it made my heart break for a moment but really I am happy he has so much fun there and loves running around with his friends. It reminds me of when my mom would pick me up from a friends in the middle of playing and I was not ready to go home yet. Lucky for me most days he sees me and crawls super fast towards me with the biggest smile, and arms outstretched. On days that Brian picks him up and they are home before I get there I look forward to being greeted by the full pack, which consists of Zoey, Abby and Liam now. They all sit at the garage door to greet me, the most wonderful thing to see when you have been working all day. I remember greeting my dad in a similar fashion when I was younger and love that I can feel that same love he felt then with my own family. Eventually we got older and I think the dog was the only one to greet him at the door so I am soaking up these moments while they last.

Liam has been walking with a walker for months and by walking I really mean running. That kid has no fear. He races the dogs up the stairs, cruises from the walker to the dining room chair and goes just about everywhere he wants on his own now. He is getting really close to crawling out the dog door so I have been keeping an extra close eye on him. He has taken 10+ steps between Mom and Dad and will take a few when we stand him up but I think cruising is just so much faster still that he is not that motivated to walk on his own all the time. He also stands up mid floor on his own now as well.

He is a huge helper! I was always the helper growing up so I love that he is showing a similar personality. When I am in the kitchen, he wants to be right there. I give him little jobs to keep him busy but ultimately he will always end up in my arms trying to help stir or clean dishes. When food is in the oven he likes to look inside so I turn on the light and that keeps him entertained for awhile. On my list is to build him a step stool so he can help me cook but stand on his own at counter height.

his new big boy car seat, how is he already his big?
His new favorite trick, thanks to Uncle Trevor, is to jump off the couch to the dog bed. He thinks its the funniest thing. And just like I expected he thinks he can do it on his own now so have to keep a close eye on him when he is on the couch now as well. Luckily he has learned to go feet first off the couch so I no longer have to worry about him going head first like he was trying before.

He loves to closes doors, cupboards and take his toys out of his toy chest and put them back in!! Dream baby right there. I think he saw me put the toys away enough that he now mimics the action.

He LOVES to eat. He eats so much food. For thanksgiving I loaded his tray with a little of everything. He ate olives, stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes, and all of Aunt Brionna's Pie (ok, not really but pretty sure he split it with her). And next thing I knew his tray was empty so loaded it some more and he ate that all too. If that boy is ever sad we will just have to offer him food or a bath and he will be happy instantly.
He wants to do everything mom does...
so I am cleaning more often and so is he :)

Bath time is still an all time favorite. He has a few new toys coming for Christmas and I am sure it will just blow his mind once we throw those toys in there with him. When I shampoo his hair he gets sad cause he knows things are wrapping up and he will have to get out soon. I have started washing his hair mid way through so that he doesn't just associate it with bath time ending.

Liam is still obsessed with the color red. If its red he is immediately drawn to it. So the presents that are red have been hidden a little more under the tree. Other than those he has pretty much ignored the tree and ornaments so we have not had to take extra measures to protect it this year like I was thinking we would. I am pretty excited for him to meet santa however. Man dressed in RED wearing glasses! Talk about a dream for Liam.

So excited for Christmas this year. I get two weeks off of work so am thinking of all the fun things we can do this year that were just lame when it was Brian and I. So far we can't get mama or dada out of him but we get baba and I am pretty sure he said Dog once but of course no one else was around to hear it or believe me.


Liam is a mover, so when we get a snuggle or two out of him we steal it for as long as we can. At church Brian was holding him and he squeezed his hand and circled his finger on his palm, Brian looked at me and I could see the love between them. Mostly we get a head rest on our shoulder for a split second and then he is off. I may have found a motivator for more snuggles, I was eating ice cream and then another day granola and he snuggled in my lap so I would share. If sharing gets me snuggles he can eat the whole bowl of whatever (which I am sure he would do if I let him anyways).

We love this boy of ours. This first year is flying by so fast and he is learning more then I ever imagined.

My mom got us a pass to Thanksgiving Point. Thought he would be too little to enjoy but he LOVED it.



He does the silliest things. Brian tried to help him stand up and this was the result. If we each hold a hand he does it as well. Just like when we were kids and mom and dad would swing us on the side walk. Only he is a baby not a kid lol


Silly boy will eat anything, even his jammies

Licking the spook while mom makes brownies, passing on the tradition my mom had with us ;)

While the brownies cooked he watched, such a good helper

He wanted to help with thanksgiving dinner prep but I needed both arms so he
got strapped on front so he could watch

Christmas is going to be so fun, he got an early gift from aunt TorTor and LOVED opening it

I started to break apart a roll for him but left it there to get something out of the oven.
He decided to eat the full roll instead.


He walks everywhere, usually with chairs and his walker cause then he can run instead of walk. We also find him climbing the stairs all the time. Sometimes he sneaks all the way up before we notice. He is so fast. 

Church snuggles. Its about the only time I might get him to sit on my lap and even then just for a few
minutes so Brian and I fight over who gets him every week. 

He makes friends with everyone. He is quite the social boy. 

He crawled to the dog bed to drink his bottle. I guess it seemed like a comfy place to hang out. 

Water table at the Museum. He loved it, the toys kept floating away so we chased
 them down which just made him laugh. 

Playing at the Museum. 

Shopping at Home Depot, then home for a nap so Mom and Dad could finish our projects. 

Meeting Santa for the first time. He was perfectly content hanging out with him.
He just sat there and didn't try to run.

Went to Best Buy and he wanted to run around, I turned for a second to find him IN a store display!
Apparently we have "that kid"

Rare snuggles from this guy. He sat on my lap for a good while so I
turned on Lilo and Stitch and we just hung out. I LOVED it

It snowed and by snowed I mean we got all the snow for the winter in one day.
 Dressed him up in his new snow suit, he thought it was funny till we went outside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment