Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

5 years of marriage and recap of 2014

I can not believe we are just weeks away from a new year. This time of year always makes me reflect on where we have been, because of a year ending as well as another year of marriage met. Brian and I met nearly 10 years ago and I wish I would have been better about writing down my thoughts then. I am sure they would be pretty amusing to read now. I am sure I was dreaming up quite a life for us. I think even more amusing would be to see what Brian was thinking back then.



One thing I would not have imagined for ourselves is the amount of school Brian is committed to doing. When we first started dating he still really did not know what he wanted to do in life. I know being a pilot was on the list then, it still is, but now is on the list of future hobbies rather than careers.



Things were still evolving back then. Once he decided to get a bachelors in business management and we decided to move to Utah I am pretty sure our plans stopped there. We thought we would move, get our degrees and maybe buy a house but would be back to California as soon as possible. We had general goals but more detailed goals quickly formed. We quickly realized that bachelors are a great kick start but would not be the end for us. The decision on what higher education he would pursue next took some time, but I have to say I am not surprised on where he has ended up with his decisions. It is a great fit and I should have seen things going in this direction years ago. And who would have thought we would still be here in Utah after 4 years?! But here we are and we are happy to still be here. In fact we were just saying that after graduation we really don't mind if this is where we end up.



I never imagined I would work for a tech company and be surrounded by men all day, but here we are passing 3 years with this company and loving every day. As much as I would not have imagined the life we have today when we first got married I have to say I am in love with our life and am excited for our future as it is already turning out better than I would have planned/ imagined it myself.

As we celebrate 5 years of marriage this year I am 8 months pregnant with our first child. We could not be more excited about this new addition. I am excited to see how much more our life will change once he joins us.



5 years and we are in our 2nd home. We have both worked for 2 companies. We have 2 dogs.  Brian is in his second year of grad school. (lots of 2s so far). This year we also got to enjoy a trip to Hawaii and  a week in San Clemente together.



Looking forward to next year it might just be the year of most change for us yet. We will have a baby joining us in Feb, and Brian will likely be gone for the summer for an out of state internship. I have a feeling both of those things will make our year fly by faster than this year even did. But I am ok with that, because after this next year Brian will have 1 more year of school left and we will be one step closer to him starting his career and hopefully ending up somewhere where we can put down roots for more than a few years.



Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment