Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

30 weeks!

10 weeks to go! The excitement continues to grow along with this tummy of mine. The nursery is mostly done. We just need to find something to put above the crib for decoration but besides that its looking great. I just love to sit in his room, its so calming in there. The puppies come in with their bones and we all just chill. This last week I have had cramping at night. Had a doctors appointment and he said its either braxton hicks or angry muscles from all the stretching that is going on. Whatever is causing it, its making me a little uncomfortable but luckily its just been at night so I can just come home from work and lounge in bed.

The baby is moving more these days but still not as much as I had imagined he would be by now. The doctor just keeps telling me that as he runs out of room I will feel him more, so we shall see. Brian still has not been able to feel him. We've tried so many times and its just like they're playing hide and seek so he may just have to wait for his arrival to really get to play with him. My plan is that if he decides to get way wiggly at night I will just have Brian put his hand on my tummy so that baby will hide and I can get my sleep lol.

In the next few weeks I have to go in to get my glucose test and Rogam shot. I had to get the shot earlier on as well cause of some spotting but it only lasts so many weeks so its time to get it again. So far I have been able to get away with wearing my regular oversized clothes but this last couple of weeks those are starting to get too short for my tummy so Black Friday I scored some deals and got another pair of maternity jeans and a few dresses and shirts so I should be set to make it to the end.

First trimester was mostly sleeping and resting, second trimester was full of reading reviews on baby gear and prepping the house for baby. We got new furniture in our room and moved our old furniture to the main guest room since I am sure that will get more use now that there is a little one to see at our place. I feel like my brain is going to explode some days with all the info I have read in reviews but I am feeling like we are slowly learning what products are best for us and our lifestyle. Strollers were the topic of conversation for many nights but after surveying co workers and guys Brian goes to school with I think we are going to be happy with what we finally decided on. I love getting baby advice from guys, they have a different perspective than women and bring things up that I never would have thought of. It can be pretty amusing. I have a work shower coming up this month and can not believe we are already at this point. This process has gone so much faster than I ever imagined. Now that we are in the third trimester I think it will be a mix of the first and second. I think there will be a lot more resting than I was doing the last few months but I think I will still stay on top of prepping for this baby. I feel like I don't know what I need to do since this is new to me but that I will be bugged if I don't do what I can now while I have limited distractions. Yesterday I worked on updating my checklists and the next project is to consolidate them and figure out when I need to do what. Hopefully all this prepping will pay off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment