Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Update on the Morgans

Its been a few months since my last post. Life has been insane for us the last few months, so I will give a brief update on what we have been up to. Our last post introduced out puppy Abby. She has quickly become the love of our lives. She is a typical mischievous puppy, but most of the time it is more funny then destructive. She loves to peak her head in when you are taking a shower to lick up the water, I wish we had a waterproof camera cause it is the funniest thing to watch. She also is a major cuddle bug. Even if she is just playing with a toy, she wants to sit on your lap or touch you any way she can really. Growing up I loved my parents dog Roxy but the one thing she was not was a cuddle bug. As much as we tried she would never sleep with us, but Abby crashes most nights with us and then we move her to her bed when we are actually going to sleep. I always feel bad doing this because she is just so happy to be with us. Brian has taken to Abby in the sweetest ways. He loves chasing her around the house and playing hide and go seek. She usually hides under the bed so it's never hard to find her. She favors me more then him usually because he is gone a lot but I have a feeling that when he is home more at nights that I will get bumped from that spot fast. I love my little shadow and am so happy we decided to get her. 



her favorite toys have had to be sewn up a time or two 

She loves to sneak paper out of the trash especially the envelopes with the plastic windows she loves the sound they make

she's gained maybe 5 pounds since we got her, I love that she is staying small



Brian got a new job that he started March 1st. After more then 4 years with Sprint we decided it was time for a change. After a few weeks the company was restructuring his department and he applied for a management role, and got it! He works in Lehi now. My company just announced that we will be moving to Lehi as well and my building is next to his so we can car pool together until the commuter train comes to Provo in December. 

We graduate next week and could not be happier. It has been a crazy, stressful couple of years juggling school and work full time and as crazy as we are we decided to add all the projects on our house to all of that. Luckily school ends next week and the last major home project, our yard, will be ending soon after. I can not count the hours we have spent out in the yard but all our hard work is finally showing. We now have the beginnings of a fire pit area, a flower bed, and are almost all prepped for the grass. I installed all the sprinklers myself! So excited to see if they all work the way they should. Every time they go off I think I'll smile :) Maybe we will even run through the sprinklers to celebrate all this hard work.


a little hard to see but I woke up to find these 2 ducks in the yard, this is the last pictures showing the remaining weeds!

this is after the dirt was spread.. still had to rake out the rocks

pre screening and raking


we had the rv parking scooped up so we can place weed screening down

home to our future fire pit

with rocks from around the property I build a raised flower bed

our yard now


We are still teaching primary. Same class as last year, same kids that is. We are now CTR6 rather then CTR5. We love those kids so much. I am glad we got them another year, it will be hard when they do get a new teacher now though. Yesterday we had them draw pictures from the lesson and some how we ended up with pictures for Abby! She would eat them if we gave them to her but perhaps we will hang them so she can enjoy anyways.ha ha  Those kids are just so sweet, they make me never want to move. A thought I never thought I would have living here in Utah.

This last month we had bad luck with car repairs. Brian's car was making a weird noise and after crawling under the car I found a pipe hanging, it turned out to be the sway bar not the axle like I thought but hey I was close. Luckily we had a warranty on his car and when we took it in they noticed an oil leak and a problem with the coolant gasket. (I actually knew what those meant too, I guess I know more about cars then I would have given myself credit previously). We are thankful for the warranty cause we had a $50 deductible rather then a more then $3000 bill. Then my car's check engine light turned on. I didn't think much of this because having a loose gas cap can trigger this (I know from experience) but when I tightened that and nothing changed I decided to take it to Auto Zone so they could run the codes. There were many codes but many related to air intake. I decided to replace my air filter hoping that it would be that simple, and since it needed to be replaced any ways. Not so lucky. So we took it into a shop just to be told that it was the purge solenoid and possibly the O2 sensor as well. Both not super cheap but far cheaper then Brian's repairs would have been so got to look at the bright side. So we fixed the solenoid hoping that the O2 sensor was ok just had triggered a code because of the other problem. But no such luck after the first repair the light turned back on so had the O2 sensor  replaced as well. When we went back for that more codes appeared but luckily those ended up just being triggered by the O2 sensor problem and once that was replaced the other codes disappeared. YAY! I love our repair man, I have never been to a shop that you go to only for oil changes every several months and they know you by name. And he never does more work then is needed, or tries to replace a million things that are fine. So if any one in the Provo area needs a place for oil changes or repairs we know the perfect place.

During this same time Abby got a hold of my glasses and scratched them up pretty bad. Learned my lesson not to leave them on the nightstand out side of the case again. Brian took them in to see what it would cost to repair. They had a warranty on them! And to get the new prescription put into them now as part of the repair actually was much cheaper then getting updated lenses through insurance. We love warranties right now! And will always look into if products have them in the future before just replacing or buying new.

We have a family vacation with the Jacobson's in August to go on a houseboat for a week with my Brown cousins. A houseboat is a first for Brian and me and we have been counting down the days for the near year we have been planning this trip. We haven't had much time for vacations since we have been in school besides some short weekends home to visit family. So we are looking forward to some weekend trips as well as a few vacations before graduate school. Its been over 5 years since I had a real (like week long vacation) so I am a little anxious to plan something fun to make up for the lack of trips during school.

saw something similar in a pottery barn catalog years ago and my parents made it for me for my birthday this year they are awesome

working on decorating above the kitchen cabinets... more work still needed


Ok so not so brief of an update but life has been busy so I guess that is to be expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment