Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Summer is Over!

This makes me a little sad and happy at the same time. Summer flew by! Liam is now 6.5 months old and crawling everywhere. Brian is back from Denver and back in school. I love that he is closer to graduation but also want time to slow down so we can enjoy Liam even more at this stage. He is still sleeping great, usually 10-12 hours at night. He is army crawling and getting into things. He loves food and makes sure I stay focused and feed him quickly. So far nothing we have given him has been refused, he will eat anything within reach. He loves to get his butt high in the hair and walk around like a monkey. He also rocks on all fours so I think real crawling is just around the corner and then we will really have to keep an eye on him. I have caught him with a dog toy more than once, the dogs know the difference between their toys and Liam's so looks like we will need to work with him more on the difference :/
 
Love this little guy so much. He has such a fun personality. He is so happy and mellow. Such a joy to have in
our family and so glad that we get to be his parents and share everyday with him.

We spent the last week in California. We had a full week but loved every minute. Liam and I drove down Thursday. He slept till St George, we decided to stop there and get lunch at taco bell. I love that he can sit in a high chair now. The first bump in the road happened when I went to the bathroom. First of all there was no baby changing table so luckily I had my changing pad I could put on the floor. The second problem was where do I put baby so I can go to the bathroom!!! Not the floor, that was gross, so we got to do a weird hold the baby and pull up your pants dance ha ha glad we were the only ones there. After this break we got back on the road. Liam did good but then we hit Vegas traffic and he hates being in the car when we aren't really moving. By the time we hit state line it was bedtime for him and he was squirmy. We stopped at the outlets at state line and my plan was to walk around till he fell asleep. He had other plans. He wanted to crawl around. Its a mall so not particularly clean but that was our only option so I let him crawl around. He loved it and the mall shoppers all had to stop to check him out. Once he calmed down a bit we went back to the car and he went right to sleep. We made it to the agricultural check point when they stopped me. I had to roll down the window and talk to the man which of course woke baby. At this point it was dark and he wasn't happy being in the back of the car alone. So the rest of the drive was spent singing and making silly noises. This worked till the last 10 minutes or so, by this point he was over it and tired. We made it to my parents and played a bit. Its amazing how he can so quickly forget how tired he is. All the sleeping in the car was nice for the drive but threw off his sleep schedule so he was up by 5am! Guess he didn't get the memo we sleep in on vacation ;) We played and ate and then he was down for a morning nap. Of course by then everyone else was up in the house and I wanted to visit instead of nap.

Liam and Mommy road trip #2

Taco Bell trip, thankfully I wiped down the table before I moved him forward,
he tried to eat the edge of the table like a sandwich

Mall fun in the massage chairs

I love being at my parents. There is usually someone around to watch over Liam when he naps so I don't have to wake him when we need to run an errand. Friday night we went to a shower for Tori. It was so much fun. We played games, visited and watched her open lots of fun gifts. I left Liam with the boys at home. Again he was having too much fun and didn't go to bed till late. And he was still up earlier than usual the next morning. Saturday we stayed at home and got things ready for the upcoming wedding. Saturday night Liam got to go to the Spencer's. He was showered with love with all the lovely ladies there. Sunday morning began early with a drive to the airport to pick up Brian. Our last airport pick up for awhile!!! We then headed to the beach to have breakfast and wait to check into our beach house. We met up with Morgan and Nick that afternoon and got settled in the house. I was rushing out the door that morning and had forgotten our suite case with ALL our clothes! So my parents brought it down to us (THANK YOU!) and we had dinner.

Morning time selfies while mom sleeps near by

crazy morning hair

beach time! Liam was the perfect partner for me, dad loves the water so I loved the company but I am sure he will be dad's sidekick in no time

Walk on the beach with family

Who needs toys when you can just climb on the beach chair?!



Monday we went to the beach. A first for Liam. He LOVED it. The water was too cold for him but he liked the sand and some water if it was the very end of the water hitting the sand. We crawled around on the beach blanket and napped in our pop up tent. It was perfect. Later we went to dinner and played games all night. Tuesday Liam wasn't feeling great, he was very fussy so we took him to urgent care. They said he was perfectly healthy so we went home. Liam hadn't had much milk but was eating food fine. I tried to squirt the bottle in his mouth to get his interest when I fount it wasn't squirting. Mom fail! He was cranky cause the milk wasn't coming out and he was hungry. Glad we still had fed  him food. Once we figured this out we were good to go and had a happy baby that talked to his bottle all day as if they were best friends.

Our little crawler, he can do the army crawl no problem when he is on all fours its like a side winder type crawl, so just need to master going in a straight line on all fours now.

We may have stolen aunt CoCos blanket every chance we got

This is his new thing, to sleep with his face totally covered, sometimes the blanket is just on his head.
Wednesday we packed things up and headed back to Glendora. Liam got his first hair cut! Then we went to the Morgan's to visit. Then we were off for family pictures. My mom was so excited that all 5 of us kids were in the same place. We usually can get 4 of us together but all 5 hasn't happened in 3 years. Then Jordan made us dinner on the BBQ and we visited. We were at a friends house so Courtney could babysit a few of their kids. They have a baby that is a few months younger than Liam. I loved holding and kissing her. Liam grew up way to fast!

Grandpa time!

 
Not exactly a baby toy, but Liam loved the sound the gun made and thought dad was so
funny when he made noises and ran around the house like this.

We got lots of daddy play time this week

 
Thursday we worked on more wedding stuff. Brian took Liam to his mom's school so they could have lunch together. We also went to visit with them briefly before they went to a concert. Friday was the beginning of the wedding celebrations. We had the rehearsal dinner at my parents. It was full of great food and company. After dinner I ironed the table runners while the other girls worked on their bouquets. Saturday was the big day! We worked on setting things up and making sure things were just as they wanted. The ceremony was beautiful, it was wonderful to see how much they love each other and how ready they were to be married. It was so fun to have so many family friends and family in attendance.

The whole family, love how it is growing and will include Tori and Nic and Liam now.

All the siblings in one place! This doesn't happen often so glad we got to document it.

Glad these two are finally grandparents. They are so good to Liam and I love that we have had
so many visits this year so they can see him grow up especially this first year.

Our first professional family pic, love those boys, they are always so silly and happy!

After the party it was clean up time. Once things that had been borrowed were returned we started collecting our things and packing up. We made the drive back home Sunday morning and it was so nice to be able to only drive half the time and to be able to sit with Liam and keep him company the other half. Liam slept a lot of this drive as well so his sleeping was off. We did get home early enough to be able to get laundry started, the house tidied up and dishes done.

What 6 month old thinks he belongs on daddy's shoulders? apparently ours, he thinks he is such a big kid.

Brian and Liam at the wedding. Love my boys!

Liam and Abby sharing a cup!

Liam and Abby, love seeing him play with other littles. He is great at sitting up but usually just wants to move and not stay in one place long. His outfit was so cute! Glad Aunt MoMo found the adorable tie.

Monday morning I was back to work and Brian was back to school. Went grocery shopping and did some more cleaning. Being gone 2 weekends throws off my routine but I think we will be back on track soon and will be in our regular routine in no time. Liam has his 6 month appointment today so we will see just how much he has grown.

Liam prefers to feed himself these days, my favorite it when he pushes the bottle up with his feet to tile it when the milk is getting low. Sometimes he lets me snuggle next to him while he eats. But usually he just wants to be a big boy.

I love the relationship Brian and Liam have, they are best buds already

Pretty Kitty is obsessed with Liam, they played like this for quite awhile it was funny to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment