Next Next weekend marks the half way point for Brian's time away this summer, but who's counting ha ha! We were lucky enough to have Brian in town for a few days last week, he had meetings with clients in Utah so we got a few hours in the mornings and evenings with him which was such a treat. Liam takes after his mom and dad and has seasonal allergies. Since he is little we can't give him medicine so we just run the humidifier in his room and suction his nose constantly. I never had allergies till I moved to Utah, the weather changes so drastically here and it can get super windy so I think this will be an ongoing struggle with Liam so we will have to figure this out. Sadly the allergies turned into a double ear infection. It hit hard at night in addition to his on and off teething struggle. I am so grateful that Brian was home to help relieve some of the stress those nights brought with them. We started the meds for the ear infection last Tuesday and he slept through the night that night. Hallelujah! We woke up to a very happy, giggly Liam! Oh how I have missed him.
 |
| First trip to the Park, it was a success! lots of laughing and funny faces on the swing. |
Thursday we left for California. This was Liam's third trip down there this year. His grandparents, great-grandma's and aunt ne ne and uncle Justin are getting spoiled this year with visits. It is fun to see how much he has changed from one visit to the next. I got to spend Friday with my mom and family friend David. David is 12 and was the best baby helper. He would entertain Liam in the car and hold him in the store. It will be a treat to have more kids one day and to have them entertain each other like this. We went to Donut Man and then hit up the Mattel outlet and stocked up on gifts for the year. We then went to my Dad's office and visited with him and a longtime family friend. Then we got lunch and visited with my sister and the kids she watches. We got to enjoy more interactions between Liam and small children. It is always so entertaining to me. Liam was back to his normal sleep schedule so was down by 6 so we got in some good game time. David is a smart boy and whooped us at every game. Brian arrived late Friday night and Saturday morning we left Liam with his grandparents and Brian and I went to San Diego for our friend's wedding. It was our first time leaving Liam for anything but work and our first time just the two of us since he was born. It was a little weird not to have to worry about a baby in the back seat but I know my parents loved the time with him.
 |
| my plane companion! i love the snuggles we get on these trips |
After the wedding we went to my in-laws and visited before going to the reception. We had a lot of fun visiting with friends. The reception went past Liam's bedtime so I left a little early so he could go to bed. I love that he is on such a good routine but we are learning we need to plan to be home to help keep him on that schedule. Happy baby = Happy parents! Sunday we went to my parents ward and then back to my parents to pack Brian up. I dropped him off at the airport and back to Denver he went. Liam and I got to play in California a little more. He went to bed early again so my brother listened to the baby monitor while we went to an open house briefly. When we got back we played more games.

Monday morning I dropped my mom off at school and had breakfast with my grandmas. Liam was a crack up and played with the menu's and grabbed at all my food. We started him on rice cereal and just in time. This boy tries to eat everything within reach. We will start veggies this week when Brian comes home for the holiday weekend. After breakfast I packed up and picked up my mom. We grabbed lunch then were back at the airport. Liam was the fussiest this flight, it was his nap time and he is great about falling asleep on his own so he was having a hard time falling asleep in my arms. Good problem to have but felt bad that he had such a hard time napping. Once we got to the car he fell right asleep.
 |
| Brian lucked out and was home on a Monday so got yo enjoy some authentic hawaiian shaved ice |
 |
| We have moved from the baby tub to the big boy tub. He splashes and scoots all around it is so fun to watch. |
My sister is in town this week so we got to hang out with her last night. Liam went to bed a little later last night cause he just kept wanting to smile at her, it was cute. But he still slept from 8-6:30 this morning. I am loving this schedule that we are on and I am so happy that he is feeling better and is his funny little self once again.
 |
| Waiting to board! |
 |
| The dog sitter locked all the doors even the garage door and had my spare key (Brian has the other key) so I had to crawl through the dog door, glad I didn't get stuck... that would have been embarrassing |
No comments:
Post a Comment