Reupholster Glider Cushions
Reupholster Ottoman
Cover Lumbar Pillow
Crib Skirt
Crib Sheets (2 sets)
Pack n' Play Sheets (2 sets)
Car Seat Cover
Burp Cloths (7)
Receiving Blankets (2)
Recover Bumper Pads
Ok so maybe I was being unrealistic and overly ambitious... but we finished it all! My parents are amazing. I had a headache one night and went to bed early. I woke up and my dad had finished the cushions and bumper pads. He is the best at sewing without a pattern. My brain just does not work that way. I over think things and miss the obvious so I am glad he was there to guide me. I also learned a great trick on how to gather fabric to make a ruffle. SO EASY! Now I feel silly for feeling overwhelmed with all these projects most of them were no big deal. Baby boy is going to have the cutest room thanks to their hard work. Special thanks to Brian who did most of the fabric shopping with me. What a trooper. I wanted to make sure that the room didn't turn out girly so wanted his input and I am glad he was willing because it came together well. The saddest part of this weekend, besides having to leave my parents in California, is that I came home with a full Nursery in a bag and no crib to set it all up in. The perfectionist in me will just have to be patient until the crib arrives. I do have the pack n' play so I was able to test those sheets out and they were perfect so that was reassuring that our measurements were accurate. My parents faces when I crammed everything into the suitcase was priceless. It was a Mary Poppins moment, things just kept going in and in and in and somehow it all fit.
We even managed to make the ninja turtle blanket Brian requested. I am trying to involve him as much as I can with the pregnancy. So far that has meant fabric shopping, refinishing furniture for the nursery, me giving into a few ninja turtle purchases, ultrasound appointments and now birthing classes.
I'll post pics of all these projects once we put the full nursery together. Less than 5 months left to wrap things up and with the holidays I have a feeling these next few months will fly by.

No comments:
Post a Comment