I still can't believe we are expecting a little one of our own. Its
just been Brian and me for almost 8 years, hard to believe its been that
long either. Time sure does fly by. A little over 6 years ago I
underwent surgery to remove several cysts and to clear out severe
endometriosis that had developed. So for 6 years I have worried about
being able to have children of my own. I had read lots of stories of
people like me that were able to get pregnant just fine while others I
knew and even worked with have had to get help to get pregnant or are
still trying. So having the unknown of how things would go for me was
hard to deal with but we felt that when the time was right to start a
family we would know. I didn't want to rush into it just because of my
fears. So we waited and prayed and started to wonder if the time would
come that we would "know" it was time. People always say how they knew
it was time to start a family or that they knew they were suppose to
marry someone but for me I have always just felt at peace with a
decision and never had that bonk on the head experience others talk
about. We knew we wanted to have kids but wanting kids and knowing its
time to have them were different for us. I have always dreamed of being a mommy.
Well
we finally felt the time was right in our hearts but our minds told us
Brian was still in school and that I wanted to be a stay at home mom but
needed to keep working, so waiting would be best. ( I tend to want
perfection and to do things at the "right" time). It is easy to keep
things the way they are when they are going well. I don't know if that
is how others have felt but I think the first baby is the biggest
change. It takes a couple and makes them a family. And once you decide
to start that family there is no turning back. Well heavenly father must
have known our hearts and how nervous we were about moving forward with
this decision because shortly after thinking it was time we found out
that we no longer needed to make the decision, it was final and a baby
was already on its way. You can imagine our surprise by this. I found
out at lunch and decided to wait till Brian got home to tell him. It was
a long afternoon but finally he arrived home. I shared the news with
him and to my surprise he just gave me a big hug and had the biggest
smile on his face. I figured he might need some time to let the news
settle, I know I did, I like change but it takes me some time to accept
it and work it in to "my plans". So when Brian was so calm and accepting
of the news I was a little surprised. (I guess I shouldn't have been,
he is typically the calmer one of us. )
So here we are
15 weeks into this and still I am a little in disbelief. I think I would
have forgotten that I was pregnant had I not been so sick and tired.
Thank goodness for modern medicine, there is no way I could have kept
working the last few months feeling like I was before we got the right
medicine. The bump is visible to me and as much as I dreaded the awkward
stage of just being fat looking and not pregnant I am trying to embrace
it. I keep telling myself the longer I am in this stage the longer I
can avoid being "huge" and "uncomfortable". But on the other hand I
can't wait for that time either cause it will mean out little one is
almost here.
Monday, August 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment